How to take photos and inventory using cell phone or tablet
Using a Cell Phone or tablet: You need to be in the “my inventory” section of your device and select ADD: Select the Category drop down and scroll to Room Photo and select Room Photo- Then go to the next tab Item Name and type in "Overview" in the Item name. Then go to the Room Tab and enter the name of the room you are taking the photo of or in. Then scroll to the last entry Upload Photo and tap Choose File. ( you are able to choose Take Photo or Photo Library to upload a saved photo).. You are now ready to take the photo of the room and or upload a Photo Library saved photo. If you are taking a photo, stand at an opening (doorway or passage way) and try to get the whole room in 1 photo that shows your contents and tapp ADD, if you are not able to capture the whole room, you may repeat above until you are satisfied that you have captured the entire room. Tap take photo and turn your device counter clockwise for a full photo and take your photo and tap the use photo if you are satisfied with photo. Now you can start to create the inventory for that room.
HOW TO CREATE AN INVENTORY USING A CELL PHONE OR TABLET- FIRST YOU MUST BE AT THE INVENTORY TAB AN CHOOSE My Inventory and follow the instructions below:
- Select "ADD" which puts you on the 1t tab
- "Select Category" and tap the arrow down which populates the Category selector & identify the category of your item to be inventoried and selct catagory.
- "Select Type" and select the item group
- "Item Name" and type in the item name.
- "Brand Name" – if you know this, please enter, some brands cost more than others. If not known, leave blank.
- "Model"- enter the model#- all electronics and appliances have model#s- please enter if possible. If not known, leave blank.
- "Serial Number"- enter the serial#. all electronics and appliances have serial #s- please enter if possible. If not known, leave blank.
- "Quantity"- how many items- example- 1 lamp, 1 couch or bundle 50 work shirts or 50 spoons or 15 pr tennis shoes etc and input an average cost or you can list separately if you choose to.
- "Item Age"- enter age of item. If you do not know the age or if it is a gift- you still need to estimate the age for depreciation values to populate.Do not leave blank
- 'Upload Receipt"- Tap the Upload Receipt. Upload from file or take a photo of the receipt & upload here. Follow above photo instructions. If you do not have a receipt, leave this blank.
- "Purchased From"- Type in where you purchased item from. If unknown, leave blank.
- "Purchased Price Value $" Type in the amount you paid for the item. If unknown or gift, you still need to estimate a cost for depreciation values .Do not leave blank. Try using the internet to find comparable item for accurate pricing.
- "Room"- Type in the room that the item is located.
- "Notes" Optional- this area can be used if additional information wants to be provided such as Gift from Mom, Or to explain the cost etc… If no note needed, leave blank
- "Upload Photo"- Knowing you have already taken a photo of the room, you may take additional photos of particular items and attach photo to the particular item as noted above.
- "ADD" and tap ADD which will send all the above to the inventory form.
At this point, you are ready to add another item. Just repeat the steps above